We made it to north-east Slovakia to Hervartov village. In historical records, the village was first mentioned in 1406. Here we found one of the most valuable sacral buildings in Slovakia – the Roman Catholic Church of St. Francis of Assisi. It was built in the late 15th century made of red spruce having purely Gothic elements. Its uniqueness lies in the fact that it belongs to the Roman Catholic Church. The interior of the church is decorated with panel paintings and wall paintings from the years 1655 and 1805. In the church dominates the altar of St. Catherine, the Virgin Mary, and St. Barbara. Among the other sights also belong to the late gothic painting of St. Francis of Assisi, St. Christopher, and St. Catherine Sienska. The wooden church of St. Francis of Assisi along with seven other wooden churches was included in the UNESCO World Heritage list in 2008.
Parking location – Hervartov: 49.246545N 21.204302E