After a rich breakfast in the truck, we took a leisure walk through the open-air museum of Liptov Village in Pribylina. We have admired the wooden folk architecture of homes of higher social classes of this region in the past (entrance 6 EUR). It features buildings from the flooded area of Liptovska Mara and some villages of upper and lower Liptov. Precious buildings, which would have otherwise been flooded, were relocated here. In the middle of the village, there is a large open space called “rínok” where residents gathered and where the markets and fairs were held. There is also a Gothic-Renaissance mansion from the village Parížovce deemed the oldest squire seat of the Liptov region from 14th to 16th century, and one of the most valuable historical buildings in the flooded area. The oldest Gothic part can be dated back to the first third of the 14th century. Then we walked to the station of Považská Forest Railroad. In 1912 due to expanding lumbering in Liptov, it had been decided to build a forest railroad. During the years the track with a gauge of 760 mm had been lead from Liptovský Hrádek through Liptoská Teplička to Staníkov. The total length of the track was 40 kilometers. The shut down of the whole forest railroad came on December 31, 1972.
Parking location – Pribylina: 49.105182N 19.806179E