TERZI BRIDGE (Ura e Terzive)

The old bridge was erected probably at the end of the 15th century by the Ottomans, and then modified in 1730 by the stonecutters’ Terzijski guild from Gjakova. The bridge, which was for a long time one of the longest in Kosovo, facilitated the passage of merchants on the road between Constantinople and Shkodra in Albania. It was built with trimmed stones, in dark gray and an ocher shade. Its beautiful structure spans the Erenik River with eleven rounded arches carrying a deck 193 m long and 3,5 m wide.