VISCRI

Short late afternoon visit of one of the most beautiful Saxon villages in Transylvania protected by UNESCO with great fortified church built in 1100 AD. In 1185 Saxons colonized the area settling in the south-east of Transylvania and built many colourful traditional buildings. The Viscri settlement was officially named in 1400 – it was given the Latin title of Alba Ecclesia, or “White Church”.